- Client: Havard Estates
- Role: Contract Administrator
- Value: £165,000
- Programme: May 2014 to June 2014
- Procurement: Competitive tender Minor Works with Contractor Design 2011
- Location: Kidderminster, London, England
The works involved the sub-division of an existing three storey 1960’s office block located on the busy High Street in the centre of Kidderminster.
The ground floor of the property was sub-divided into two stand-alone retail units, one of which included the first floor of the property.
Significant items of work included the re-roofing of the property, refurbishment of the existing lift and removal of existing asbestos.
The site was located in the town centre of Kidderminster making deliveries to the site and storage of materials difficult.
Our Role / Scope
Pre-contract – Our role involved undertaking a measured survey of the building, producing existing and proposed plans and elevations, arranging for an asbestos survey along with surveys of the existing electrical installation and lift. Producing the tender documents and undertaking a competitive single stage tender process.
Post-contract – Weekly site visits to review progress with the contractor, chairing meetings, issuing reports, managing a change control process including agreeing costs with the contractor prior to issuing any variations to the contract and certifying payments to the contractor and agreeing a final account.
The team comprise of the following:
- Project Director;
- Contract administrator
Benefits To Client
- Close liaison with tenants.
- Value engineering pre-contract and post-contract.
- Change control process controlled by Doig+Smith including a number of tenant changes to the base build works.
- Advising the developer on the viability of a scheme to develop the upper floors of the property.
- Management of direct contractors.