- Client: Pirton Ltd
- Role: Full Quantity Surveying Services Pre and Post construction
- Value: £2.2 million
- Programme: Completed June 2009
- Procurement: JCT 2005 SBC Without Quantities
- Location: London, England
Construction of three new luxury flats on top of an existing 5 storey block of 1960’s residential flats which in themselves were subject to comprehensive refurbishment works including a new 10 person lift, insulated Sto render overcladding system to improve the visual and thermal performance of the building, replacement of existing windows with high quality powder coated aluminium double glazed units, construction of new balconies and a general upgrade of floor, wall and ceiling finishes to the common areas. External works comprise new lighting installation, landscaping and block paving driveway leading to garages and secure parking spaces.
Our Role / Scope
Full Cost Management services from inception to completion.
The team comprise of the following:
- Lead Quantity Surveyor
Benefits To Client
- Pre Construction Advice: Doig+Smith’s initial brief was to prepare a tender document for the Client based on a Description of Works. Part of the Client’s brief was the requirement for a considerable degree of flexibility required over final choice of both internal and external finishes for the development (where the decisions had not already been made at time of tender). In order to minimise risk to the Client Doig+Smith suggested a carefully considered balance of both Provisional & Prime Cost
- Change Control: Careful control over expenditure of Prime and Provisional Cost Sums was required to deliver the project within the Client’s budget but at the same time helping him achieve his aim of control over final specification of finishes and fittings as the design progressed