- Client: Playgolf Kilmartin
- Role: Full Quantity Surveying Services pre and post construction
- Value: £14 million
- Programme: Commenced January 2008 – Completion June 2009
- Procurement: SBCC Design & Build Contract – 2005 Edition (2 stage)
- Location: East Kilbride, Scotland
The creation of a new combined sports, leisure, and retail facility; including a 9-hole “tribute” golf course, 58 bay driving range over 2 storeys including professional tuition, 5-a-side facilities, accommodation for 10 indoor tennis courts, tenanted sports related retail and other leisure amenities. Future provision for swimming pool and restaurant.
This was created on a sloping site with overhead powerlines congesting the area.
Our Role / Scope
Full Cost Management services including feasibility cost estimates, Value Engineering Exercises, tender report on offers, post contract management and final account agreement.
The team comprise of the following:
- Lead Quantity Surveyor
- Quantity Surveyor
Benefits To Client
- Value Engineering: Doig+Smith successfully managed the process of value engineering that was necessary to achieve the level of savings that the client required in order for the project to be viable. The value management continued throughout the project as requirements changed due to client changes and the requests imposed by potential tenants.
- Cost Management: Cost management, change control and value engineering/management are vital from the outset to ensure the budget is constantly monitored and adjusted to suit client needs. By successfully controlling and understanding the costs on this project Doig+Smith were able to quickly adjust budgets and advise on value engineering options. This was also extended to tenant fit-out costs whereby a rapid understanding of tenant needs and the costs in association were required to deliver within a constrained timescale.