- Client: Aberdeen Harbour Board
- Role: Full Quantity Surveying Services pre and post construction
- Value: £27 million
- Programme: Main phase - 76 weeks, commenced April 2010, subsequent phases to follow
- Procurement: NEC3
- Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
The phased redevelopment of Torry Quay consists of the demolition and removal of the existing quay structure back to the line of the new quay wall which provides a refined berthing solution to Aberdeen Harbour Board. The works are of a civil engineering nature including 600m of new sheet piled quay wall, a mixture of bored, tubular and vertical and raking “H” piles, ground anchors, new concrete structure including relieving platform and counterforts and all associated temporary works, services diversions and dredging.
Our Role / Scope
Full Project Management and Cost Management Services from the outset of this project. Our role including preparing cost plans from embryonic design information, setting a compliant procurement strategy, appointing consultants, option analysis, value engineering, change management, tender documentation and reports.
The team comprise of the following:
- Project Director;
- Lead Project Manager;
- Assistant Project Manager;
- Lead Quantity Surveyor;
- Quantity Surveyor
Benefits To Client
- Complex Procurement: Due to the business demands of Aberdeen Harbour Board, a robust tender process was required to ensure compliance with the Public Procurement Regulations whilst still giving the level of flexibility required by the Client. This was achieved through Doig+Smith’s detailed understanding of procurement routes and construction contracts which ensured the best balance of continuity of work against the varying business needs of the Harbour and its many users.
- Environmental Requirements: With any major Civils project, mitigating the impact of the works on the local environment is a leading requirement of both the Client and Local Authorities. However, it is imperative to ensure that final agreement of mitigating measures and the general Method Statement is achieved with all relevant authorities.
- Doig+Smith use their experience to manage this process carefully.