- Client: Hunter Laing
- Role: Quantity Surveyor / Monitoring Surveyor
- Value: Confidential
- Programme: February 2017 - January 2019
- Procurement: Traditional - Individual Packages
- Location: Ardnahoe, Islay
The long-held dream of one family, Ardnahoe opened at the beginning of 2019 to become Islay’s ninth operational distillery. With a production capacity of 740,000 litres of alcohol per annum, Ardnahoe distills a classic peated style of Islay malt, using the finest barley and water from the depths of Loch Ardnahoe itself. Employing wooden washbacks, Scottish-made stills, traditional worm-tub condensers and the knowledge of one of the whisky industry’s most experienced Master Distillers, Ardnahoe strives to create one of the most enchanting spirits to come out of the renowned Whisky Isle.
Situated on Islay’s North-East coast, equidistant between Bunnahabhain and Caol Ila distilleries, the Ardnahoe site has breath-taking views of the Sound of Islay and Paps of Jura, with the islands of Colonsay and Mull just visible on the horizon; a truly inspirational setting.
Our Role / Scope
Doig+Smith provided Quantity Surveying services from inception through to completion. Pre-contract – Provided a feasibility estimate to support initial funding applications by the Client. Moving forward, D+S produced individual packages to allow the works on site to be progressed whilst detailed design continued on the interior. The works were procured on a package by package basis and this required close management to ensure that were no gaps between packages or contractor interfaces and responsibilities.
Doig+Smith used our BIM capabilities to extract quantity information directly from the model produced by the Architect.
Post Contract – During the post contract phase of the project we attended site on a regular basis and undertook valuations for the individual work packages.
Additionally, we are also provided a monitoring role for the funder who requires detailed monthly reports and forecasts which cover the complete project expenditure and not just the construction works.
The team comprises of the following:
- Associate Quantity Surveyor
- Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Benefits To Client
- Project Lead assigned from inception to completion of project giving continuity and single point of contact for Client.
- Assisting Client with Appointments and Collateral Warranties.
- Extensive Contractual knowledge of SBCC Forms of Contract.
- Liaison between Funder & Borrower.