- Client: Edinburgh Printmakers Ltd
- Role: Quantity Surveying, Principal Designer / CDM-C
- Value: £6m
- Programme: October 2016 - August 2018
- Procurement: SBCC Standard Building Contract with Quantities
- Location: Fountainbridge, Edinburgh
The Category “C” Listed North British Rubber Company office building is the only surviving element of a once large important 19th century industrial complex that was internationally renowned at the height of it’s industrial output.
The building was in serious disrepair, requiring full restoration prior to providing Edinburgh Printmakers Limited with new facilities as they relocated from smaller premises elsewhere in the City.
These new facilities include:-
Our Role / Scope
Doig+Smith’s role included cost planning, option appraisals, value and risk management, assisting in the valuing of the risk register, value engineering, whole life costing, procurement, management of change control, agreeing variations and agreement of the final account. Assisting in applying for and securing Heritage and Lottery Funding and Historic Scotland Grant funding.
The team comprise of the following:
- Project Director;
- Lead Quantity Surveyor
- Assistant Quantity Surveyor;
- M&E Surveyor
- Principal Designer