- Client: Gatwick Airport
- Role: Cost Management/Contract Administration
- Value: £130m
- Programme: 2014 - 2016
- Procurement: NEC Bespoke
- Location: Gatwick Airport, West Sussex
The project comprised a full reconfiguration and refurbishment of the North Terminal building to aid operational flexibility, cope with accelerated passenger growth and deliver crucial infrastructure.
This included a new consolidated check in area with the world's largest self-service bag drop zone, new security facility to screen 5,000 passengers per hour and fully refurbished arrivals area.
The project was a 24/7 construction site operated within a 24/7 existing live airport operation which presented significant site constraints.
Our Role / Scope
Our role included preparation and procurement of all works packages with the framework contractor and preparation of formal contract documentation.
We implemented robust change management to ensure that control of the works was maintained and administered the contract on behalf of the Client.
We provided pro-active cost control and undertook cost reporting and payment certification together with negotiation and agreement of the final account.
The team comprised of the following:
- 1 x Associate
- 1 x Lead Cost Engineer
- 1 x Lead Contract Administrator
Benefits To Client
- Procurement of early enabling works packages to accelerate site commencement and provide increased programme certainty.
- Pro-active change control to provide cost and programme certainty, deliver the work on time and ensure value for the Client.
- Extensive Airport sector experience and knowledge of the associated constraints when working within this environment.