- Client: Strathallan School
- Role: Quantity Surveying, Project Management & CDM-C
- Value: £2m
- Programme: Sept 2014 - April 2016 (Phased)
- Procurement: Design & Build - JCT and Traditional
- Location: Perthshire, Scotland
New Sports Facility comprising the following:
Phase 1: Enabling works including substation works, utilities co-ordination, service diversions, drainage, car parking & initial civils works. These works were procured as a traditional contract. Works complete September 2014. £150k.
Phase 2: Main Works comprising tensile structured building housing 3 LTA tennis courts/badminton courts/MUGA facility. Procured using Design & Build demonstrating significant value for money. Works complete April 2015. £800k.
Phase 3: Ancillary Building comprising changing facility, shower facilities, dance studio, staff accommodation, entrance lobby and circulation between Phase 2 and 3 works. Traditional procurement. £950k. Complete April 2016.
Our Role / Scope
Doig+Smith were appointed to provide full Quantity Surveying, Project Management and Principal Designer Services pre and post construction and Contract Administration services both pre and post contract. Enabling works included services supplies to the site from elsewhere on the campus, dedicated sub-station and associated roads and footpaths works. Main works (tensile building) comprised sub-structure, blacktop sub-base, synthetic turf to provide the surface, services, fabric cladding and steel frame. Ancillary building comprises a Dance Studio, changing facilities, showers, locker rooms, ancillary staff base.
The team comprised of the following:
- Quantity Surveying
- Project Manager
- Principal Designer
Benefits To Client
- Continuity of Team: Doig+Smith have ensured that the School are provided with the same team for all projects. This has resulted in the team all being aware of and meeting the Client's expectations for all projects.
- Working in an Existing School Environment: Traffic and Contractor management is a significant concern for the School with appropriate segregation being implemented at all times. Through guided tours and presentations, the pupils are made aware of the works and the dangers, thereby reducing the risk of unauthorised access to the site, particularly out of hours.
- Doig+Smith introduced different procurement approaches depending on the project. This proved to be successful resulting in the Client achieving exceptional value for the works that were delivered.
- Exceptional Value
- Architecturally appealing
- Risk allocated appropriately
- Construction progress to suit funding